The GA DOE Credit Recovery Program provides students, who did not initially succeed in obtaining course credit, with the opportunity to retake a course to earn credit towards graduation.
- Credit Recovery courses have flexible schedules and are not facilitated by a teacher.
- The Credit Recovery Program allows students, who have completed seat time and calendar requirements, to earn credit based on competency of the content standards.
- Credit Recovery courses are complete courses, aligned to state standards, for which the student will demonstrate mastery before receiving a grade.
- The Credit Recovery Program offers core courses, and limited electives, required for graduation from a Georgia public high school.
- While the program is provided free to participating Georgia public high school students for all first time enrollments, the local school will incur a fee for re-enrollments, which may, in turn, be passed on to students.
- The Georgia Credit Recovery Program is also available to Georgia private high school students for a fee.
For more information, visit our Course Fees page. If you have questions or would like additional information about The Georgia Credit Recovery Program, please complete our helpdesk form.